Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time to Promote?























Let's be honest. There are very few of us that actually like promoting ourselves. It feels awkward, forced, uncomfortable. And those are the "understatement" words. I can't tell you how many times we've talked to a artist, and the first words out of their mouths are, "I just don't want to do any marketing. I'll do just about anything else. Just not that."

And yet, if we want to get our stuff out there, promoting ourselves is exactly what we need to do. Interesting conundrum, yes?

The truth is, no one will ever care about our projects as much as we do. If we can't be advocates for our own creativity, how can we ever expect anyone else to?

About now, I imagine there is a lot of screaming happening in a lot of heads. I have a pretty good idea of what they might be saying. "I don't know how!" "I shouldn't have to!" "This is someone else's job!" and my personal fav: "How could anyone expect ME to know how to do that?"

I know those responses because I've had them. After optioning several scripts and producing and directing several more, I realized that we would have to promote them. Yikes! Ouch!

The good news is that there are those out there who can help. If we don't have the know-how ourselves and don't have the time to learn, there are people out there who are willing and able to promote. We're some of them.

What you need depends on your project. But making the first step and inquiring about what you can do should be your first step. We create cover art, press kits, and trailers. We've created trailers for novels, scripts, TV pilots and films. Take a look at our website to get an idea of what we can do for your project. www.zerotosoldtrailers.com. At the very least, it will give you an idea of what can be done to help get your creativity out where the world can see it. You don't have to use our service, but please do take the steps necessary to let your works shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment